Located in the heart of San Jose’s beautiful Rose Garden district, the newly renovated Historic Hoover Theatre serves as the artistic jewel in the crown of this strong community.
The theatre now sits on the Southeastern corner of the Old Hoover Middle School campus, which was originally the school gym. The school was built in 1931 and designed by renowned architect William H. Weeks, who also designed the San Jose landmark St. Claire and De Anza hotels. San Jose designated the Old Hoover School as a city landmark in 1995. The right wing of the Old Hoover School complex currently serves as a center for community education classes. The left wing of the complex serves as the Historic Hoover Theatre. After a $6 million renovation, the Historic Hoover Theatre was officially inaugurated on May 21, 2004.